NH INTERN COMMITMENTS
1. Loving God Through:
• Abiding in God and His Word - We are committed to maintaining communion with God and obedience to His Word as first priority.
• Prayer (and Fasting) - We are committed to hearing from God through intercession, fasting and worship as key disciplines that allow God’s grace to conform us to His will.
• Rest & Reflection - We are committed to taking regular time to rest, reflect and celebrate knowing that overwork is a common and dangerous temptation in areas of great need.
2. Loving Christians in Community Through:
• Sacrificial love - We are committed to allowing God to form us into a body that reflects His life through loving one another. This involves the discipline of spending focused time together listening and valuing one another.
• Respecting Diversity - We are committed to appreciating differences and accepting one another.
• Reconciliation - We are committed to dealing rightly with conflicts and differences being both honest and humble.
3. Loving Our Neighbors Through:
• Being Examples - We are committed to living above reproach and abstaining from things that may cause others to stumble.
• Simplicity - We are committed to living a lifestyle of simplicity as a biblical mandate. We will only seek to accumulate what we really need and will share the rest of what we have freely.
• Reaching Out - We are committed to participating with God in making Him known among families and especially youth in the community through proclaiming His gospel and practical service and love.